Yesterday, I received a pleasant surprise from a wonderful fellow blogger, Flight & Scarlet. She had apparently nominated me (alongwith someother amazing bloggers) for this award called Sunshine Blogger Award.
I would like to very humbly accept the award and thank FlightScarlet for liking my writing and giving me this form of praise. It does indeed mean a lot to me.
She has put a few questions to me which i shall answer now –
- If you had to recommend one book, what would it be?
I have a long list, but one that everyone must read is If Tomorrow Comes.(No prizes for guessing that it happens to be my favourite book)
- Where is one place you’ve been in the world that you would love to return to, and why?
DUBAI!!!! I am absolutely in love with that city and would love to settle there forever. I think it’s a perfect melting pot of the world – a balanced blend of east and west, with the people of many nationalities that have made it their home
- Where is one place you’d like to visit and why?
Being an avid traveler, there are quite a few places in my wish list. But, London tops the list. Why? Because I have heard and read so much about it that I feel I must visit it atleast once.
- What is your favourite thing to do in your free time?
Reading is my favourite pass-time. Watching movies/TV comes a close second. But these days, it’s writing and blogging (includes reading other people’s blogs) that takes top priority. 🙂
- If you had to recommend two musical artists, who would they be and why?
Lata Mangeshkar and A R Rahman . Both need no introduction. Also like a lot of other musicians and singers, since I am quite fond of music. Put on Shakira’s Waka Waka and even the insides of my brain will dance.
- What is your favourite season and why?
I like both Summers and Winters, although hate extreme temperatures of both seasons. Summers, I like because I can go swimming 🙂 Winters, I like because that’s the best time to travel in India.
- What was your favourite subject in high school?
It was Math, and the poor marks did nothing except make me a disgruntled lover! 🙂
- If you’re in university/college or have been to either, what did you study?
Hotel Management! I am a hotel sales professional. Or, was…!
- What is your dream job?
Anything in Google! 🙂 though I have no knowledge about IT, computers and software programming. Maybe, they could hire me as a Creative Writer, now 🙂
- Name someone you admire and explain why you admire them.
Apart from my mom, you mean ?! 🙂 That would be Sushmita Sen – Bollywood actress and ex-Miss Universe. She has had the courage to live her life on her own terms. Single woman, business professional and entrepreneur and now mother of 2 adopted girls. Can’t get any more unconventional than that.
- What’s your go-to quick meal?
Tea and Toast. 🙂
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominators.
- Nominate other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
- Like what I mentioned before, this is to spread the love and I’m doing these awards so that we’ll meet interesting bloggers. Please do check out all of the blogs I nominated and follow them if you like.
Because of the name of this award, I have chosen my nominees with some thought –
- blabberwockying – Winner of multiple awards, his blog offers insightful reading about life and spirituality, and is a must read for those seeking some understanding about self-realization and astrology.
- What Sandra Thinks – Because you just have to know what she thinks. Her thoughts swing from downright hilarious to ..ahem.. ahem.. read one day… from sleep to sleep (in her own words – Psst… This is not PG-rated…) and draw your own opinions! 🙂 Read CyberHug Awards New Logo and you’ll know what an amazing person she is.
- Just Consider It – Emily is kind, thoughtful and funny. Read about Mr. Frog and It’s the Muslims Who Suffer and you’ll agree with me. Her amazing contribution to Blogosphere are the Cyber Hug Awards
- My Own Private Idaho – Now I know she isn’t going to accept this award, and she had her valid reasons for doing so, which I completely understand and respect. But I’d like to still like to offer this award to her for the amazing person she is. (You don’t have to pass it on but please do accept it 🙂 )
These people are not just amazing human beings in real life but their blogs and writings provide a source of inspiration and strength to a lot of people, including me. They are strong individuals and have overcome difficult situations in their respective lives and there’s so much to learn from them.
Please visit their blogs and read their posts. I am sure there is something to learn and take away from them.
Thank you all of you for what you are and the kind of love and happiness you spread around you. You truly deserve the Sunshine Blogger Award.
My Questions –
(My Own Private Idaho is excused from answering the questions or writing an acceptance post since I am aware of her stand on accepting and giving awards. :))
- What gives you inspiration in life?
- What was your biggest challenge till date and how did you overcome it?
- What message would you give to someone who is going through a tough time?
- What is the one thing that makes you happiest?
Congrats and Lots of Love and Virtual Hugs to you all !