Source: Liebster Award Round Eleven!
Thrilled to receive this from two of my fellow bloggers. Especially since it is awarded only to new bloggers whose work is interesting and worthy of being shared. It may not mean much in the real world, but this is testimony to the fact that my writing is being noticed and appreciated. Since I am less than a week into blogging, this means a lot.
So Thank You for your encouragement, Anand and Sebastian.
Anand has given me a long list of questions that took me quite some time to ponder over and come with answers. But, finally here they are –
- What inspires you? Could be anything – an image, a quote, a conversation with a stranger. Although I need some real inspiration to finally get on that cross-trainer.
- How do you aim to inspire others? Through my writing. Hope to reach a stage where people read my aticle and ponder over it for a few minutes before moving on to the next thing. Maybe, they could decide to implement some change in their life – smile more, stop to savour each moment more.
- What do you most admire in a leader? The ability to understand his group/team and empathize with them. A desire to genuinely understand people, help solve their problems and be invested in them. Don’t have many of them left now, though
- What gives you meaning in your work? The ability to reach out to others through words – it could be to make them laugh, inspire them to take a long due difficult decision or even force them to step back and savour each moment of life.
- What personality trait has been the most enduring and representative of you? Would be my talkative nature. Just can’t shut up… even when categorically told to do so.
- What genre of movie do you like best, and how has it evolved over your adult life? Romance. I’m a hopeless romantic at heart. It has made me think there is good in the world, you just have to have the eyes for it. And nothing can not be won over with love and understanding.
- Who is your hero? Here, I need to be cliched and say “Dad”. As it is no man can live up to the standards that I have set in my mind, by observing him and how he treates me and my mom. He truly is a real hero, in my eyes.
- Where do you feel most at peace? In my sleep 🙂
- What song makes you sing along out loud, and/or break into dance? Quite a few of them. I’m very fond of music and my playlist is quite long. Some favorites are Din Pareshan Hain, Last Christmas, Diwana Hua Badal … this space would fall short. Maybe, i’ll keep this for another post. 😉
- What do you want people to remember most about you after meeting you for the first time? My smile, but fat chance of that happening since it is difficult to see beyond my rabbit teeth.
- What are you most proud of? At present, my blog which is certainly the only thing on my mind, these days.
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
My Nominees –
Please do visit the above blogs, you may find something that touches a chord!
My questions to my Awardees –
- If you had one superpower, what would it be?
- What incident (or thought or experience) first prompted you to write?
- What is the one thing that you want and the one thing you do not want (from your writing)?
- Which is your favourite book and why (or how it influenced you)?
- Who is your favourite author and one book written by them that you would like to recommend?
- What is your criteria for an “ideal write-up/article”?
- What is the one thing that you have learnt from other bloggers and/or their blogs?
- What article (or post) affected or influenced you most?
- What is the one piece of advice you would like to give to fellow bloggers?
Look forward to all the interesting answers. 🙂
Who do you think deserves a Liebster Award? Share your favourite blog/blogger in the comments below, and tell us a bit about what about it appeals to you the most.